County has an excellent policy
for designing its streets:
|[The design approach shall provide] sufficient capacity and
safe and comfortable travel for expected levels of motorists, bicyclists,
pedestrians, transit riders, and operators of other evolving modes
discussed in 2011 for improvements to the intersection of Trinity Drive
and Central Avenue include
- Handle rush hour traffic more effectively
- Improve service for turns from Central onto Trinity
- Improve service for pedestrians
Status of County/NMDOT
- NMDOT update flyer
published in January, 2016; County Public Works web
update March 1, 2016
- Roundabout design 95% completed as component of NM502/Trinity Project.
- Construction scheduled to begin in Spring of 2017.
- NMDOT current estimated project cost is $7.1M.
of current design
- A detailed 90-95% design drawing
for the roundabout was obtained by Joel Williams and circulated among
concerned county residents, February, 2016.
- Over the period of January through early March, 2016, several residents
have published Letters of Concern
in the Los Alamos Daily Post, the Los Alamos Monitor,
- William Mead and Joel Williams presented design
critiques in brief "Public Comments" at the Transportation
Board Meeting of 3/3/2016.
|Skip ahead to status summary